Guidelines for Participation
(Updated August 12, 2020)
Taneytown Dance Center (TDC) follows the guidelines set forth by the CDC and the state of Maryland in regard to infection mitigation. Social distancing will be encouraged through floor markings, we will limit contact on surfaces and disinfect any touch spots after use, and dancers will be required to wash or sanitize their hands before and after classes. Parents are asked to wait outside the studio or in their vehicles during classes. One parent/guardian of dancers under 5 years old may be present in the lobby during class, but they must wear a mask inside the building and maintain appropriate physical distance from other dancers and faculty members.
At this time our lobby is closed to walk-in registrations, please enroll online here: taneytowndancecenter.com/enroll. If you have questions regarding placement or other in-studio procedures please contact by email to email@example.com.
**For health and safety protocols to be followed, we cannot accommodate siblings in the lobby during this season.**
In order to enter the studio for class participation the following protocols must be followed:
- Masks are required in all studio spaces for anyone over age 5, as medically able.
- One parent/guardian must accompany their dancer no earlier than five(5) minutes prior to their scheduled class, to the front entrance to initiate check-in. No dancer may be dropped off without a parent/guardian present for check-in.
- Parent/guardian must sign/initial our weekly health questionnaire (if your answer to any of the following questions is YES, please stay home from today’s class and tune in to the class on Zoom):
- Have you or any members of your household experienced symptoms such as fever >100.3, dry cough, shortness of breath, or loss of sense of taste/smell this week?
- Have you or any member of your household been in contact with anyone who has been exposed to or tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Have you traveled more than 50 miles from home, or to an area with active, increasing infection positivity rates this past week?
- A temperature reading is taken of each dancer by a contact-less thermal scan. Students whose temperature is >100.3 will not be permitted in the studio.
- Dancers over age 5, if able, must wear masks while inside all studio spaces. They must remove their shoes upon entering and place them into their dance bags. Their teacher will instruct them on the next steps.
- During class, the dance floors will be marked to indicate social distancing guides and dancers may choose to don or remove face masks during class instruction, based on parental discretion.
- Staff members and faculty will wear face coverings inside the studio.
- Dancers will be escorted from the studio by a staff member to parents waiting outside for pick-up. Dancers must be picked up within five (5) minutes of the end of their scheduled class to accommodate our cleaning/disinfecting routine.